CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Don't forget...

Don't forget to label your recipe when you post it (for those new to blogging- right below where you type in your post, there is a line for you to type a label). Label your recipe by type- Main Dish, Dessert, Side, Appetizer, Soup, or Beverage. You can also add other labels like Crockpot, Skillet, BBQ, Chocolate, etc. along with your dish type.

Sunday, April 6, 2008

Comfort Food Pasta w/ Sun Dried Tomatos

Tonight my hubby and I both wanted a good pasta with sun dried tomatoes so we grabbed what we had and experimented and were really happy with what we came up with. Mind you taking pictures of dinner after making it so I can blog it just might give me a complex and get me thinking I'm much better at cooking than I actually am!


1 Tbsp butter
3 cloves garlic
1/2 red onion diced
1/2 to 1 cup sun dried tomatoes packed in oil
2 Tbsp flour
1 c milk
3 Tbsp cream cheese
Salt to taste
8-10 oz pasta of choice

add sun dried Cook pasta in boiling water with a little oil. While noodles are cooking add butter, onion, and garlic in a skillet on med-low. Allow the onion to soften up slowly and when its pretty translucent add tomatoes. I chopped ours up a little bit and added the oil that was on the cutting board with them. Saute for another minute. Add flour to thicken up a little, stir, and pour in milk. With the temp on med-low still add the cream cheese and let melt and stir occasionally.

When pasta is done drain, and then toss with cream sauce.

Enjoy!

0 comments: